Art. 1 (Purpose)
Azienda Pubblica is the reference Journal of the scientific community which, in the context of business administration studies, focuses its research interests on the system of public administrations, health companies, other public service companies and public interest companies, non-profit institutions.
The Journal welcomes contributions that are characterized jointly by methodological rigor and by the relevance of the contents, acting as a bridge between the academic world, policy makers and public sector managers. For this reason, it mainly welcomes articles in Italian, although it is open to the gradual insertion of articles in English.
The publication activity is coordinated with other Journals and in particular, for the health sector and social-health and social assistance services, with Mecosan (Management and health economics).
Azienda Pubblica adopts the "Guidelines for the AIDEA code of honor" with particular reference, as it is closely linked to its activity, to article 3 of the version approved by the Board on 19/11/2015, in which the other of "enhancement and [...] growth of original Italian ways of business studies". The journal also has its own code of conduct.
Art. 2 (Bodies)
The Azienda Pubblica bodies are:
- the Editorial Board;
- the Director (Editor in Chief);
- the Editorial Board;
the Scientific Committee, divided into the Academic and Practitioners members.
Art. 3 (Steering Committee)
The Steering Committee is made up of 12 members, identified as follows:
- 3 nominated by the college of full professors in business administration and public management at the University (currently Bocconi University) who is the holder of the contract with the publishing house and who guarantees secretarial services and coverage of the costs of managing the Journal;
- 3 appointed by the outgoing Steering Committee through co-option;
- 6 elected by online vote, in the quarter preceding the biennial conference, by the relevant scientific community. Operationally, the active electorate is defined as the set of people who, starting from 1/1/2010, have participated as authors or session chairs in at least one workshop of the Journal, have published at least one article in the Journal and / or have carried out refereeing activities for the Journal.
Full professors, associates and researchers (or equivalent figures) serving at Italian or foreign universities, with significant publications in the journal's fields of interest, can be part of the Steering Committee. Also qualifying elements are the presence with positions of responsibility in international networks, membership in the Editorial Board of relevant national and international journals, the ability to acquire significant research projects at national and international level, the ability to promote and manage educational initiatives in the fields of interest of the journal.
More than two members belonging to the same university cannot be part of the Steering Committee.
Each member of the Steering Committee remains in office for a period of 6 years, not immediately renewable. The former members of the Steering Committee can be nominated again after 4 years from the end of the previous mandate.
The Steering Committee is renewed for a third in rotation every two years. Four members are then appointed every two years: 1 by the College of Economics of Public Administration of the University (currently Bocconi University) which holds the contract with the publishing house and guarantees the secretarial services and coverage of journal management costs; 1 by the outgoing Steering Committee; 2 by the relevant scientific community. The renewal of the current Steering Committee will take place, starting from 2016 and over a further 4 years, providing for the older members to gradually leave the Committee.
Former directors are members of the Steering Committee, in excess of 12 and without affecting the maximum limit of two members per university.
Art. 4 (Functions of the Steering Committee)
The Steering Committee appoints an internal coordinator and performs the following functions:
- it ppoint the Director and the members of the Editorial Committee of the Journal, even outside its own members. The Director and the coordinator of the Steering Committee must be full or associate professors (or equivalent figures) in Italian or foreign universities. The members of the Editorial Board can also be researchers. All must also be characterized by significant publications in the journal's fields of interest, as well as by presence recognized in the national and international academic community, current or previous positions of responsibility in journals, scientific societies and national and international networks, visibility in the national system of public administrations;
- Together with the Director, it identifies the guidelines for the development of the Journal and the methods for promoting its diffusion at national and international level;
- it contributes to the realization of these development lines, both collectively and through the individual activity of its members, according to methods agreed with the Director;
- it updates the composition of the Scientific Committee at least every two years, also according to the concrete contribution guaranteed by the individual members of the Scientific Committee to the activities of the Journal.
Art. 5 (Director)
The Director is appointed by the Steering Committee, remains in office for a period of four years and can be renewed only once.
- guarantees the regular publication of the journal and the quality of the articles published;
- maintains contact with the publishing house, with which it agrees on all the initiatives for the promotion of the Journal;
- ensures the proper maintenance of the site and pursues the inclusion of the Journal in the most significant Italian and foreign citation databases;
- coordinates the activities of the Editorial Committee;
- defines, in agreement with the Steering Committee, the themes and venues of the journal's biennial conference and collaborates with the local organizing committee to pursue the best outcome of the same;
- promotes other initiatives (workshops, seminars, etc.) with the members of the Scientific Committee and the Steering Committee, under the aegis and with the patronage of the Journal;
- develops, in agreement with the members of the Steering Committee, initiatives for the financing of the Journal;
- maintains contact with the members of the Scientific Committee and the Steering Committee for the widest involvement of the same;
- carries out any other activity deemed useful for the pursuit of the purposes of the Hournal.
The Director may appoint, within the Editorial Committee or outside it, an Editorial Coordinator to assist him in carrying out his duties.
At least once a year, the Director prepares a brief report on the progress of the journal and submits it to the Steering Committee, also electronically.
Art. 6 (Editorial committee)
The Editorial Committee is appointed by the Steering Committee and performs the following functions:
- assists the Director in all activities relating to the proper functioning of the Journal;
- promotes the collection of articles, interacting with members of the national and international scientific community of reference;
- ensures the preliminary screening of the contributions received, their sending to the double-blind referee and all the subsequent activities necessary to complete the referee process;
- carries out any other activity entrusted to the individual members by the Director in order to achieve the purposes of the Journal (for example, preparation of special issues, organization of seminars and other events).
The composition of the editorial committee must aim to ensure coverage of the various areas of interest of the journal.
Art. 7 (Scientific Committee)
The Scientific Committee is divided into two components.
The academic component is made up of full professors and associates (or equivalent figures) of Italian or foreign universities, in permanent or out of service, with significant publications in the fields of interest of the journal, who are not already part of the Steering Committee or the Committee editorial. In relation to the international projection of studies on the public sector, the Steering Committee will take care to involve in the Scientific Committee an adequate number of colleagues from Italian or foreign training who work within universities or foreign research institutions.
The non-academic component is made up of exponents of the operational world (practitioners) who, due to their position and the quality of the activities carried out, can make a significant contribution to the life of the Journal. During the first application of the Regulation, the Steering Committee identifies its members.