Art. 1 (Purpose)
Azienda Pubblica is the reference Journal of the scientific community which, in the context of business administration studies, focuses its research interests on the system of public administrations, health companies, other public service companies and public interest companies, non-profit institutions.
The Journal welcomes contributions that are characterized jointly by methodological rigor and by the relevance of the contents, acting as a bridge between the academic world, policy makers and public sector managers. For this reason, it mainly welcomes articles in Italian, although it is open to the gradual insertion of articles in English.
The publication activity is coordinated with other Journals and in particular, for the health sector and social-health and social assistance services, with Mecosan (Management and health economics).
Azienda Pubblica adopts the "Guidelines for the AIDEA code of honor" with particular reference, as it is closely linked to its activity, to article 3 of the version approved by the Board on 19/11/2015, in which the other of "enhancement and [...] growth of original Italian ways of business studies". The journal also has its own code of conduct.
Art. 2 (Bodies)
The Azienda Pubblica bodies are:
- the Editorial Board;
- the Director (Editor in Chief);
- the Scientific committee;
the Scientific Committee, divided into the Academic and Practitioners members.
Art. 3 (Editorial Board)
The Editorial Board comprises 20 members, including an international component of 5 members. The existing Editorial Board appoints all through co-optation.
Full Professors, Associate Professors, Researchers or equivalent figures in service at Italian or foreign universities with significant publications in the Journal's fields of interest can be part of the Committee. Qualifying elements include the presence in positions of responsibility in international networks, membership of the Editorial Board of relevant national and international journals, the ability to acquire significant research projects at a national and international level, the ability to promote and manage educational initiatives in fields of interest specific to the Journal.
In the composition, a balance is sought in terms of gender and geographical representativeness. The Editorial Board composition guarantees coverage of the different areas of interest of the Journal. No more than two members of the same university can be part of the Editorial Board.
Each member is in charge for six years and cannot be immediately reappointed. The former members of the Editorial Board become eligible again four years after the end of the previous mandate. The Committee is renewed by a third on a rotational basis every two years. Every two years, four members are therefore appointed.
Former Directors are part of the Committee, over 20 without affecting the maximum limit of two members per university.
Art. 4 (Functions of the Editorial Board)
The Editorial Board appoints an internal coordinator and performs the following functions:
- it appoints the Director and the members of the Editorial Board of the Journal, even outside its own members. The Director and the coordinator of the Editorial Board must be full or associate professors (or equivalent figures) in Italian or foreign universities;
- Together with the Director, it identifies the guidelines for the development of the Journal and the methods for promoting its diffusion at national and international level;
- it contributes to the realization of these development lines, both collectively and through the individual activity of its members, according to methods agreed with the Director;
- it updates the composition of the Scientific Committee at least every two years, also according to the concrete contribution guaranteed by the individual members of the Scientific Committee to the activities of the Journal.
- the members of the Editorial Board contribute to the review activities of the articles submitted to the Journal.
Art. 5 (Director)
The Director is appointed by the Editorial Board, remains in office for a period of four years and can be renewed only once.
- guarantees the regular publication of the journal and the quality of the articles published;
- maintains contact with the publishing house, with which it agrees on all the initiatives for the promotion of the Journal;
- ensures the proper maintenance of the site and pursues the inclusion of the Journal in the most significant Italian and foreign citation databases;
- defines, in agreement with the Editorial Boarda, the themes and venues of the journal's biennial conference and collaborates with the local organizing committee to pursue the best outcome of the same;
- promotes other initiatives (workshops, seminars, etc.) with the members of the Scientific Committee and the Editorial Board under the aegis and with the patronage of the Journal;
- develops, in agreement with the members of the Editorial Board, initiatives for the financing of the Journal;
- maintains contact with the members of the Scientific Committee and the Editorial Board for the widest involvement of the same;
- promotes connections with scientific societies and national and international academic and professional networks, as well as with institutions;
- carries out any other activity deemed useful for the pursuit of the purposes of the Journal.
The Director may appoint, within the Editorial Board or outside it, an Editorial Coordinator to assist him in carrying out his duties.
At least once a year, the Director prepares a brief report on the progress of the journal and submits it to the Editorial Board, also electronically.
Art. 6 (Editorial Committee)
The Editorial Committee is appointed by the Editorial Board and performs the following functions:
- assists the Director in all activities relating to the proper functioning of the Journal;
- promotes the collection of articles, interacting with members of the national and international scientific community of reference;
- ensures the preliminary screening of the contributions received, their sending to the double-blind referee and all the subsequent activities necessary to complete the referee process;
- carries out any other activity entrusted to the individual members by the Director in order to achieve the purposes of the Journal (for example, preparation of special issues, organization of seminars and other events).
The composition of the editorial committee must aim to ensure coverage of the various areas of interest of the journal.
Art. 7 (Scientific Committee)
The Scientific Committee is divided into two components.
The academic component comprises full professors and associates (or equivalent figures) of Italian or foreign universities, in permanent or out of service, with significant publications in the journal's fields of interest, who are not already part of the Editorial Board. In relation to the international projection of studies on the public sector, the Editorial Board will take care to involve in the Scientific Committee an adequate number of colleagues from Italian or foreign training who work within universities or foreign research institutions.
The non-academic component is made up of exponents of the operational world (practitioners) who, due to their position and the quality of the activities carried out, can make a significant contribution to the life of the Journal. During the first application of the Regulation, the Editorial Board identifies its members.